Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Thunderbolt™ 3 Firmware and Driver Updates for Dell Computers
Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, and Thunderbolt™ driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for Dell computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The 2016 Dell XPS laptops with Thunderbolt port, as an example, may require all three software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to Dell support page
2. Use the Service Tag or Detect Product to identify software for your computer.
3. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
4. Install the Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer again.
5. Install the Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer again.
6. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.