Cable Matters released a firmware update for its USB-C Multiport Travel Dock. This update resolves several compatibility and performance issues. Follow the instructions below to update the device firmware.
This firmware update applies to the following Cable Matters products:
This firmware update resolves the following issues:
Firmware Update Instructions
1) Connect the adapter to a USB-C port on a computer or laptop. Then connect a display to the adapter's HDMI port. If you are using a laptop, connect an AC adapter to the laptop.
2) Click here to download the firmware update tool.
3) Unzip the firmware update tool and launch the “VmmDPTool.exe” program. If a prompt asks to run the program as an Administrator, click yes.
4) In the Debug tab, click the “FW version” button. The “Status” textbox should populate with information about the adapter. Check that the “Firmware version” field is less than “6.05.120.”
5) Click the “FLASH” tab, then click the “Load to FLASH” button. In the file open dialog, select the firmware file and click “Open.”
6) If a dialog box appears stating the Product ID did not match, click Yes to proceed with the firmware update.
7) Wait for the firmware update process to finish. When the firmware update process finishes, disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the computer. Verify the firmware update by clicking the “FW version” button and checking that the new firmware version is installed.
Firmware Update Troubleshooting
Article ID: 154
Last updated: 02 Aug, 2022
201056-FirmwareUpdate-6.05.120.zip (4.3 mb)
Also listed in