Cable Matters released two firmware updates for its USB-C Switch with HDMI and DisplayPort. These updates resolve several compatibility and performance issues. Follow the instructions below to update the device firmware.
Please note, if you purchased a new USB-C KVM Switch after 10/29/2022, then your switch is up to date.
For optimal performance of the KVM switch, please also install the firmware update found here.
This firmware update applies to the following Cable Matters products:
This firmware update resolves the following issues:
Firmware Update Instructions
1) Connect the adapter to a USB-C port on a computer or laptop. Then connect a display to the switch's HDMI or DisplayPort port. If you are using a laptop, connect an AC adapter to the laptop. Press the button on the switch to switch to the connected computer.
2) Click here to download the firmware update tool.
3) Unzip the firmware update tool and launch the “VmmDPTool.exe” program. If a prompt asks to run the program as an Administrator, click yes.
4) In the Debug tab, click the “FW version” button. The “Status” textbox should populate with information about the adapter. Check that the “Firmware version” field is less than “6.05.130.”
5) Click the “FLASH” tab, then click the “Load to FLASH” button. In the file open dialog, select the firmware file and click “Open.” Your firmware file might be different than the file in the picture below.
6) If a dialog box appears stating the Product ID did not match, click Yes to proceed with the firmware update.
7) Wait for the firmware update process to finish. When the firmware update process finishes, disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the computer. Verify the firmware update by clicking the “FW version” button and checking that the new firmware version is installed.
Firmware Update Troubleshooting