Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, Thunderbolt™ driver, and Intel Graphics driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for MSI computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The MSI GS63 Stealth Laptop with Thunderbolt port, as an example, requires all four software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to MSI support page
2. Use the search tool or manually browse to identify software for your computer.
3. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
4. Install the Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer.
5. Install the Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer.
6. Install the Intel Graphics driver and reboot your computer.
7. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.