An older firmware included in the Cable Matters Hybrid Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station (Model No. 107044) may cause screen flickering on certain monitor setups. A monitor connected to the DP2 or HDMI2 port may flicker intermittently or consistently. To resolve this issue, perform a firmware upgrade.
1) Click here to download the firmware update tool, which only runs on Windows.
2) Extract the contents of the ZIP file and run the UpgradeDriver.exe file. If prompted to run the program as an Administrator, click Yes.
3) Once the device drivers are installed, restart the computer.
4) Connect the docking station to the computer and run the Update_Fixed_Monitor_Flash_Issue.bat file. If prompted to run the program as an Administrator, click Yes.
5) Wait for the firmware update process to complete. Check that each of the three firmwares on the docking station successfully updated.
Once the firmware update process is complete, the docking station will no longer flicker when certain monitors are connected to the DP2 or HDMI2 port.
Article ID: 149
Last updated: 04 Mar, 2022
CableMatters107044FirmwareUpgrade.zip (11.7 mb)