Cable Matters released two firmware updates for its USB-C Switch with HDMI and DisplayPort. These updates resolve several compatibility and performance issues. Follow the instructions below to update the device firmware.
For optimal performance of the KVM switch, please also install the firmware update found here.
This firmware update applies to the following Cable Matters products:
This firmware update resolves the following issues:
Firmware Update Instructions
1) Connect two USB-C cables to the KVM Switch, and switch to host 1. The cable connected to port 1 should be the cable that is connected to the laptop performing the update. The cable connected to port 2 can be connected either to a USB c power adapter, or a USB C host, as long as it is providing power to the switch. This way, both port 1 and port 2 will be updated simultaneously.
2) Click here to download the firmware update tool.
3) Unzip the firmware update tool and launch the “TypeCDump” application. If a prompt asks to run the program as an Administrator, click yes.
4) Choose the following settings in the TypeCDump application:
5) For steps 4 and 5, choose the same firmware file which is included in the firmware update tool download above.
6) Click OK, and then restart the KVM with the power switch on the side.
Firmware Update Troubleshooting
Article ID: 162
Last updated: 22 Sep, 2022
201085 RTS5450 V3.zip (5.7 mb)
USB-C KVM Switch for 2 Computers with HDMI and DisplayPort (201085) – Firmware Update to Fix Compatibility and Performance Issues
Also listed in