Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Thunderbolt™ 3 Firmware and Driver Updates for Asus Computers
Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, and Thunderbolt™ driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for Asus computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The ASUS ROG G752VY Gaming Laptop with Thunderbolt 3 port, as an example, may require all three software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to Asus support page
2. Search model number or find product by category to identify software for your computer.
3. Select Support tab on top right and select Driver & Tools. Choose the correct Operating System
4. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the latest System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
5. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer again.
6. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer again.
7. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.
For the list of Thunderbolt 3 enabled models, please refer to the following Asus article