Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Cable Matters 201024 / 201053 / 201054 / 107004 / 107014 / 107024 Docking Stations: Select Audio Input and Output for Headphone & Mic Port.
Both Windows and macOS allow users to play audio and record voice through the system's internal speakers / microphones or through the audio ports to external speakers / headphones. This article applis to Cable Matters 201024, 201054, 107004, 107014, and 107024 to manually select audio input and output devices.
1. Go to 'System Preferences'
2. Click on 'Sound'
3. In the 'Output' tab, select 'USB audio CODEC' to route audio to the external speaker or headphone through the audio port. Use the 'Output Volume' slide bar to adjust the audio output volume.
4. In the 'Iutput' tab, select 'USB audio CODEC' to record audio using external headphone through the audio port. Use the 'Input Volume' slide bar to adjust the recording volume.
1. Select 'System' in the Windows Settings panel.
2. Select Sound from left manual
3. Select 'USB audio CODEC' as the output device to route audio to external speakers or headphones. Use the slide bar to adjust volume.
4. Click 'Troubleshoot' button to resolve audio output issues.
5. Select 'USB audio CODEC' as the input device to use external headphone to record audio. Use the slide bar to adjust volume.
6. Click 'Troubleshoot' button to resolve audio related issues.
If you are experiencing audio issues including distorted audio using audio playback through the headphone / speaker jack, please turn down the volume until no distortion is noticed. The audio signal may be amplified by the audio CODEC chip and certain computer speaker and headphone models may exhibit audio distortion at higher volume levels due to imcompatibility with amplified audio signals. Turning down the audio volume will most likely solve this issue.