Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, Thunderbolt™ driver, and Intel Graphics driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for Dell computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The 2017 Dell XPS laptops with Thunderbolt port, as an example, requires all four software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to Dell support page
2. Use the Service Tag or Detect Product to identify software for your computer.
3. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
4. Install the Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer.
5. Install the Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer.
6. Install the Intel Graphics driver and reboot your computer.
7. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.
Article ID: 54
Last updated: 09 Sep, 2019
Also listed in