Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Thunderbolt™ 3 Firmware and Driver Updates for HP Computers
Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, Thunderbolt™ driver, and Intel Graphics driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for HP computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The HP Zbook laptops with Thunderbolt port, as an example, may require all four software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to HP support page
2. Use Identify Now or enter Model Number to identify software for your computer.
3. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the latest System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
4. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer again.
5. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer again.
6. Install the latest Intel Graphics Driver and reboot your computer again.
7. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.