Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, Thunderbolt™ driver, and Intel Graphics driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for Lenovo computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The ThinkPad T470 laptop with Thunderbolt port, as an example, may require all four software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to Lenovo support page
2. Use the search, detect, or browse tool to identify software for your computer.
3. Scoll down to downloads and click 'view all'
4. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the latest System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
5. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer again.
6. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Firmware and reboot your computer again.
7. Install the latest Intel Graphics driver and reboot your computer again.
8. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.
Article ID: 60
Last updated: 16 May, 2020
Also listed in