Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Thunderbolt™ 3 Firmware and Driver Updates for Asus Computers
Windows Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped computers may require update of the System BIOS, Thunderbolt™ Firmware, Thunderbolt™ driver, and Intel Graphics driver for your cable or adapter to function properly. This article is for Asus computers with Thunderbolt 3.
The ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW Laptop with Thunderbolt 3 port, as an example, may require all four software updates for the best performance.
1. Go to Asus support page
2. Use the search tool or find product by category to identify software for your computer.
3. Choose the correct Operating System
4. Disconnect any Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C devices. Install the latest System BIOS update and reboot your computer.
5. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update and reboot your computer again.
6. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver and reboot your computer again.
7. Install the latest Intel Graphics Driver and reboot your computer again.
8. Plug in Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C device.
For the list of Thunderbolt 3 enabled models, please refer to the following Asus article